I'm a UX designer and developer. I do prototyping, interaction design, information architecture, graphic design, usability testing, and UX education.
I currently work at Epic, where I am an all-purpose UX multitool building software used by some of the most respected medical systems in the world. Previously I've worked at the University of Michigan Museum of Art, Compuware, and Condé Nast Digital.
I have a master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction and bachelor's degree in Screen Arts and Cultures, both from the University of Michigan.
I like dogs and picture of dogs.
User Experience Designer & Software Developer
- Worked closely with development teams on billing and ambulatory clinical applications to design new user interfaces and improve existing ones
- Conducted extensive contextual inquiry, shadowing and interviewing users
- Designed and facilitated usability tests
- Led design reviews and performed heuristic evaluations
- Was instrumental in developing and writing a new style guide
- Taught courses such as Introduction to User-Centered Design and Introduction to Aesthetics
University of Michigan School of Information
M.S.I., Human-Computer Interaction
Graduated in 2013
University of Michigan Museum of Art
Mobile Content Developer
- Developed a Drupal-based responsive website for creating, managing, and using custom museum tours.
- Adapted SVG maps for interactivity and wayfinding
User Experience Intern
Designed interfaces, implemented CSS, created graphics, and participated in the interaction design for an online video startup at Compuware's startup incubator.
University of Michigan
B.A., Screen Arts & Cultures
Graduated in 2010
Condé Nast Digital
Created metadata for Epicurious's videos, did a competitive analysis for Concierge, updated podcasts on iTunes and Sony Trebuchet, created a cultural calendar, sat in on editorial meetings.